In the midst of the Holiday Season, I’m feeling some healthy food is necessary right about now! These lentil & spinach burgers are packed full of nutrients– like protein and tons of vitamins/minerals! Bonus: they are green for Christmas! ;)
- 1 (14oz.) Can Organic Lentils
- 1.5 c. Frozen Organic Spinach
- 1 Shallot
- 3 c. Bread Crumbs (*I used GF)
- 1 Egg
- 1 T. Garlic, minced
- 1 T. Thyme
- 1 T. Oregano
- 1 T. Basil
- 2 T. Olive Oil
So technically we’ve been doing this blogging thing for a little over a year, but didn’t “go live” until New Year’s Day- so now is as good of a time as any to celebrate… Please join us! :)
Who says healthy has to be boring? This unique take on a classic Italian dish is gluten-free, vegetarian and 100% delicious! Corn tortillas are cut into strips and topped with hearty veggie chili, shredded cheese and fresh cilantro. YUM! Perfect warm meal for cold and busy evenings.
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2-15 0z cans black beans
- 2-15 oz cans fire roasted tomatoes with juice
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 package small corn tortillas
- 8 oz shredded monterey jack
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
We cannot get enough of this Power Greens Frittata at my house! Protein-rich eggs + a healthy dose of nutrient dense greens = superstar breakfast! Serve with a generous dollop of my Balsamic Tomato Sauce and enjoy.
- 8 Organic eggs
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bag Trader Joe’s Organic Power Greens
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup of your favorite jarred tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
Hey, Cookie Monsters! I know y’all love eating some raw cookie dough- judging by the feedback I’ve received from my No-Bake Energy Bites & Raw Green Tea Truffles! No worries- all are safe to eat because they contain no animal products. So, for Christmas I thought Gingerbread Bites would be a hit in our home- I was right per usual. :)
Shhh- Vega One Powder is the secret ingredient which adds a ton of nutrients and hints of chai, cinnamon & nutmeg!
- 1/2 c. All-Purpose Flour (*I used a gluten-free version)
- 1.5 tsp Ground Ginger
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1 T Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 T Unsweetened Applesauce
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Pack (1.3 oz.) VegaOne Vanilla Chai Nutritional Powder
Happy Sunday, friends! How are you guys feeling? Unfortunately, in the crazy holiday swirl, it’s often easy to lose ourselves and fall victim to the winter blues. It may sound silly, but something as simple as a positive quote or a beautiful picture can put things into perspective….
May we present to you –> Our Positivity Collage
Pull it up for a quick pick-me-up. Anytime. Anywhere. #InstantHappiness
Have a beautiful week!! xoxo
Baby, it’s cold outside, which means it’s the perfect opportunity to heat things up at home! We are in the midst of the busiest time of year, and many couples complain that the holidays leave them feeling more disconnected than ever. It should be the opposite, right? All the love and holiday cheer should help our relationships, not hinder them. The reality is that busy schedules and financial stress often create a disconnect with our partners, putting sex on the back burner.
Looking to add some va va voom into your bedroom? Make it a weekend to remember by incorporating some of these unique and fun sex tips!
1. Like yourself naked: Unfortunately, up to 80% of men and women in the United States suffer from a negative body image. That’s just plain wrong! Especially when research suggests that those who have the best sex lives feel good about their bodies. There is no one ideal when it comes to the human body, so make peace with your flaws and learn to love what you see.
2. Sweat it out together before you get it on: Working out stimulates the body AND the brain, while increasing blood flow to all the right areas. Also, exercise allows you to tune into your body, which naturally puts you in a more sensual state. Sweating it out with your sweetie may very well be the most effective form of foreplay on earth….
3. Stock up your wine collection: Research suggests that women who drink 2 glasses of wine/day want sex more frequently and experience greater natural lubrication during sex. Scientists believe that the polyphenols, which increase blood flow, are to thank for this lovely side effect. Like we needed another excuse to drink wine?
4. Share your innermost desires: Turn each other’s fantasies into realities by discussing your sexual wish list. Don’t be shy! It’s so easy for sex to become a routine script that lacks emotion and desire. Shake things up by simply taking the time to discuss each other’s fantasies -> role play, new positions, toys, whatever it may be. Keep an open mind and heart. Read More
Stocking stuffers are like a Christmas pregame! Nothing is more fun and memorable than unwrapping tiny presents which often include everyday necessities (you know– socks, underwear or chocolate treats). This year, make stocking time about body, mind and spirit with these cheap & healthy gift ideas…
OMG! I have already eaten 3 bowls of soup since I made it yesterday for Lunch. This super tasty and hearty recipe is my vegetarian take on classic winter stews. I added lentils and a ton of veggies for a satisfying meal that reheats (or freezes) well for leftovers. Plus, some herbs, spices + jalapeno for a nice finishing touch.
Bonus: cheap & quick to make! :)